Project Type: Redevelopment | Commercial Scaffolding Project
Project Location: Sunnybank Hills, Australia
AT-PAC equipment can be spotted on commercial scaffolding projects all over the world. Recently, our Ringlock Scaffolding was used to assist in the redevelopment of the Sunnybank Hills Shopping Center in Australia. This project required a temporary working platform to aid in the installation of suspended ceiling drum lights and decorative foam ceiling baffles in the atrium of the shopping center. Construction times were after closing hours of the shopping center. The client required a solution that allowed for minimal disruption to existing operating services and stores.
- The storage space was located outside of the shopping center
- Minimal footprint was permitted to allow for public access to the existing escalators, stairs, and store fronts
- Allowable openings were to be considered for side stores located at the bottom and center podium of the atrium
- Modifications to existing structures were not permitted
Scaffold Spines (Towers) with minimal width and Lattice Girders were used to bridge and encapsulate the escalators, stairs, and storefronts to allow for normal use. Lattice Girders were also used to over arch to the next level to cover the required area for installation. Lifts were eventually built off this to reach the required working height.
- Minimal operational impact was made to existing stores
- Disruption to public access was seamless
- Installation and refurbishment of the atrium ceiling were an overall success