The defining feature of Tube and Clamp Scaffolding is its versatility. You can use clamps to connect horizontal tubes and vertical tubes in unlimited combinations. Because of this adaptability, Tube and Clamp Scaffolding complements the Ringlock System in many ways. Some of the more common applications include:
- Joining Ringlock bays together
- Creating building ties to suspend scaffold
- Bracing Ringlock scaffolds
- Closing gaps in platforms
- Creating guardrails in tricky erections
When using Tube and Clamp Scaffolding, it is important to consider the safe working loads of the components, along with industry best practices, and your geographic location. For example, Right Angle Clamps are typically used to support diagonal tubes or vertical hanger tubes when erecting cantilevers or suspended scaffolds. Likewise, Beam Clamps (in pairs) are typically used for suspending scaffold from I-Beams.
If your job site is in Canada, consider using Wedge Clamps because the clamp can be connected to the tube by the simple use of a hammer. This simplicity reduces the parts needed for erection while increasing the speed. However, outside of Canada, bolt clamps should be considered since they are heavy duty and easy to maintain. This simple guide provides additional clarity around which tube or clamp component to consider:
- Canada – Open-ended aluminum tube, Wedge Clamps
- USA – Steel tube with fitting, I-bolt Clamps
- Europe – Open-ended steel tube, T-bolt Clamps
- Australia – Open-ended steel tube, T-bolt Clamps
- South America – Open-ended steel tube, T-bolt Clamps
The engineers at AT-PAC are always available to help you make the best decision on which Tube and Clamp Scaffolding components are best for your job site. Contact Us to schedule a consultation.
Why Choose Tube and Clamp Scaffolding from AT-PAC?
AT-PAC Tube & Clamp Scaffolding products are infinitely customizable and available in a
broad range of types and sizes to be used for any application. From simple putlog clamps to robust beam clamps and even aluminum tubes for the Canadian market, the components can be custom assembled to work with the unique needs of your job site.
Of course, versatility is nothing without quality. All tubes and clamps are manufactured to stringent quality specifications and go through rigorous testing and checking before being shipped to customers, including:
- Testing to meet ANSI/SSFI, EN, BS and AS/NZS requirements
- Testing to meet EN74-1, one of the most stringent clamp testing standard in the world
- Cold weather testing at -40 degrees Celsius to withstand harsh Canadian winters
- Individual inspections for accuracy and compliance
We have worked with contractors and project managers for decades and we see it as our job to deliver scaffolding resources you can trust without worry. If you are in need of safe, reliable, versatile, high-quality tube and camp scaffolding, please contact AT-PAC online or call the nearest AT-PAC branch office to discuss your options.