Project Type: Commercial / Residential
Project Location: Birmingham, UK
AT-PAC was selected to provide Complete Scaffolding Solutions to aid in the construction of a new apartment block located the center of Birmingham, UK. The new steel frame building developments will take approximately 10 – 12 months from the erection of scaffold, use, and the eventual dismantle of the scaffold structure. Overall, the apartment block will house over 100 apartments, 6 town houses and three commercial areas at a total of 10 stories. The apartment block is estimated to be completed in August 2019.
The apartment block was chosen to sit in a tight area between the Jewellery Quarter and the Central Business District. Due to the tight space and high-traffic area, the laydown area was limited and all around access was tight. A canal is positioned beside the apartment block allowing for even less access on that side of the block.
- AT-PAC’s engineering team provided strategic Engineering Design to aid in a successful and safe scaffold structure.
- A loading platform will be erected to span the adjacent canal to ease a portion of the limited access.
- Engineering support provided quick turnarounds to enable to client to react to short lead time demands on a site that presented significant access challenges.
- Quick delivery response time by the AT-PAC team enabled minimal wait time for necessary materials which kept the project on schedule.
- Value added services, such as around the clock deliveries, allowed for material to be onsite at all times eliminating the limited laydown area challenge.